In order to become a CNA in Tulsa, Oklahoma you will first be required to attend a state approved class and complete it successfully. After you have done this you will then sit for the state exam and if you pass it successfully you will then obtain your license. Finding these CNA training classes is not really that hard because they are offered by a variety of different places the only difference is they all have different requirements and things of that nature. Below, we have compiled together some of these places to help you get started with your search.
1. Wings Healthcare Training, 204 South Elm Place Broken Arrow, OK 74012, ph:(918) 258-9464: This center has an amazing CNA training course available to those who want to get into the healthcare field. Their class is $600 and it lasts for 95 hours. Find out more information by visiting their website: http://wingshealthcaretraining.net/2457.html.
2. Oklahoma State University, W Farm Rd Stillwater, Oklahoma, ph:(405) 744-7665:This University has CNA training classes available. However, before you can attend the class you must first have a criminal history background check complete. The fee for this course is $625. To apply you must go to the Senior Suites Health Care. To find out more information about this program visit their website: http://www.osuokc.edu/cna/.
3. Tulsa Community College, 10300 East 81st Street Tulsa, OK, ph:(918) 595-7000:In June 2009 this community college started offering a 30 hour CNA training program that allows you to learn the things that are not normally covered in the traditional courses. To find out more information about this program visit their website: http://www.tulsacc.edu/campuses-and-centers/metro-campus/metro-divisions/nursing/admissions/certified-nursing-assistant-cna.
4. Procare Homes, located in 8177 S Harvard Ave # 310 Tulsa, Ok 74137, ph: ( 918)-492-8420: This is one of the nursing facilities that are in the area that is said to have a CNA training program available. You will have to contact them for more information, however.
5. Interim Healthcare, 2828 E 51st St #102 Tulsa, OK 74105, ph:(918) 749-9933:This is one of the locations that have been approved by the state to teach a CNA training class. They have both day and evening classes. However, you should have the course completed in four weeks. You will have to pay a $50 processing fee and the fee for the class is $575. Find out more information by visiting their website:http://www.interimhealthcare.com/tulsa-ok/page4.asp.
6. Tulsa Tech, 6111 E Skelly Dr # 100 Tulsa, OK, ph:(918) 828-5000: This school has a project HIRE in effect which allows students who are referred to them to get the training that they need to become a CNA. You can find out more information about this program by visiting their website: http://www.tulsatech.com/bac/project_hire.aspx.
7. Tulsa Job Corps Center, 1133 North Lewis Avenue Tulsa, OK 74110-4730, ph:(918) 585-9111: This location has a nursing assistant course available to prepare you for a career as a CNA. However, they do have certain requirements that must be met. To find out more information about these classes visit their website: http://tulsa.jobcorps.gov/vocations.aspx.
8. Gold Medallion, 4532 E. 51st St. Suite H, Tulsa, OK 74135, ph:(918)523-0222:This is another one of the nursing facilities in the area that is said to have a CNA training course available. Contact them to find out more information.
9. Dream Maker School for Healthcare Aides, 4606 E. Admiral Place # A Tulsa, OK 74115-7442, ph: (918) 835-5500: Some of the CNA’s have admitted to receiving their training from here. They stated that they paid $525 for the class and it included everything that they needed for the class.
10. Theresa J DeBon, 3507 E Easton St. Tulsa, OK 74115, ph: (918) 834-7027: This is one of the individuals that have been approved to offer CNA training classes since 2006.