Get Your Degree!
Find schools and get information on the program that’s right for you.
Many people will stress over taking the CNA exam when it is not really that hard due to the fact that it will just ask you things that you have already covered in your training courses. So, if you paid attention in class you should have no problems at all with CNA questions and answers. We have taken the liberty to provide you with some sample CNA questions and answers below so you can see what you can expect on the day when it is time for you to take your CNA exam.
- A resident that is known for having a doll one day is wandering around because she has lost it. What should you do?
- Ask her where did she last see the doll
- Ask the activity department for a new doll
- Comfort her and help her search for the doll
- Alert co workers that the resident is confused and needs to be monitored extra closely.
The correct answer is you should offer comfort to the resident and help her with the search of her missing doll.
- What is one of the job tasks of a nurse’s aide?
- Taking part in resident care planning meetings
- Taking a order from a physician via telephone
- Giving medications to residents
- Changing sterile wound dressing
The correct answer is taking part in resident care planning meetings.
- When using a sink that has faucets that must be turned on by the hand you should use
- A paper towel to turn on the water
- A paper towel to turn off the water
- Your elbow, if it is possible, to both turn on and off the water
- Bare hands to turn the water both on and off
The correct answer is a paper towel to turn off the water.
- A resident who is incontinent of urine is more at risk of developing
- Urinary tract infections
- Pressure sores
The correct answer is pressure sores.
- When a resident is showing anger, you should
- Correct the residents misperceptions
- Ask the resident to use a more calmer tone
- Listen closely to what it is that the resident is angry about
- Tell the resident that everyone experiences anger
The correct answer is you should listen closely to what it is that the resident is angry about. This way you may be able to fix the issue.
- Which of the following, if observed as a sudden change in the resident, is considered to be a possible warning sign of a stroke?
- Slurred speech
- Irregular heartbeats
The correct answer is slurred speech.
- A slipknot is used when securing a restraint so that
- The restraint is unable to be removed by the resident
- The restraint can be removed quickly if need be
- The body alignment is maintained while wearing the restraint
- It can easily be observed whether the restraint has been applied correctly
The correct answer is so the body restraint can be removed quickly if it needs to be.